Beat The CFAs!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Study Session 2 TMV

It seems like after the nice, easy start with ethics, I am getting frustrated already with Time Value of Money (TMV). The concepts are not hard, I just am not going as fast.

I'm going to take a few brakes, keep pushing through it, and try not to get too frustrated since a.) these will come up later and I'll get better and b.) I want to solidify the basics.

The calcs for FV and PV are straightforward, but it's easy to forget to set PV and FV to 0. That will definitely get me if I forget on an exam, since it sometimes feels like you just program in whatever the problem says (PMT, FV, I/Y, N, etc.). So yeah, definitely watch out for that.

Takeaways:
1. Don't get frustrated just because it starts taking longer.
2. Watch out for the 4th variable in FV and PV calculations.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home