Beat The CFAs!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Study Session 3

Ok, so on to Study Session 3. I have to admit that it's been a rough few days. I've been putting in more hours to play catch up because I have a big meeting next week. And I just came from a big week of meetings. It's hard to study when you're tired, and it doesn't help when the subject matter gets a little tedious like this week with the probabilities. Not that they're uninteresting, just tedious to the point that I don't want to do practice problems. But the thing is, you do practice problems and they reveal where you are the weakest. So DO PRACTICE problems. Also, I omitted in an earlier entry to mention that I'm making flash cards. Well I made like a hundred of them, and lo and behold, my hundred or so cards fit on the first page of the cheat sheet Schweser provides. So if you're going to make flash cards, DONT worry about getting every little thing down - just the important ones, the ones you want to remember, or the ones that make you feel smarter. Definitely don't let notetaking or flash cards slow you down, because ultimately, you will learn the formulas one way or another. It's hard, especially these new few sections, but later on, it'll get more practical and fun. So hang in there!

Lessons:
Do do practice problem (so agonizing, yet so rewarding)!
Do NOT worry about going crazy with flash cards - they are in the cheat sheet. Just get down what is memorable.
Hang in there, champ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home